Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Celebrities speak about the future of Health Insurance

Celebrities speak about the future of Health Insurance

According to dividedwefail.org, 'Americans should have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that their futures will be financially secure. Yet, millions of Americans worry about their health and long-term financial security. For many, the American dream is eroding along with this security. We can't let this happen.'

I'd like to say the only reason I'm posting this video here is because it's the closest I'll get to having Garth Brooks on my website, but the reality is that I truly understand what they are fighting for and I am joining the fight. I pay a fortune in health care and I'm self-employed. As a single mom, a large portion of my money goes to health insurance and it scares me to think that I may lose it at some point (costs keep going up, or whatever other reasons). I know many people who don't have insurance at all. My mom, a senior on a fixed income, was just notified that her premiums are going up and so are her medications. She's lucky. She has one minor health issue, but for others who are sicker, health insurance and medications are sucking their life savings down the drain. Check this out -- then get involved. If you are one of the lucky ones, get involved to help out others who need a voice.

No comments: