Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Young Widows and Widowers

Today, I want to talk about helping just ONE person -- first, please watch CNN's story on this Arizona man who lost his wife when she gave birth to their triplets -- click here and then come back to this site. Is there anything you can do -- send clothes (for older ages, sounds like he has some for the babies now), donations of diapers, food, gift cards, etc.?

Why did this story touch me? I am a widow (visit my site www.youngwidowsandwidowers.com for more information) and I'll never forget how hard it was to raise my children when they were babies and my husband passed away (It's still hard, but in a different way -- they are teens and pre-teens now!). They were 6, 4 and 2 at the time of my hubby's death in 1999. So it didn't take much for me to understand what this Arizona man was going through when he lost his wife during childbirth and now faces raising his triplets (!) alone. I hear about these stories all the time because of the letters I receive from widows/widowers who aren't able to support themselves for whatever reason (often it's because they haven't gotten life insurance yet). Grieving is hard enough, but grieving and having to worry how you're going to feed/clothe/care for three young babies is just a unbelievable mountain to climb, but I'm certain that he'll climb it.

I know my blog is also read by many PR people, who might have clients who can donate some goods. See what you can do -- it's the holidays, folks.

No comments: